Coastal and Water Issues Committee
The Coastal and Water Issues Committee strives to promote an integrated approach to coastal and water resource protection and sustainable coastal communities in Nova Scotia. We address threats to coastal and freshwater resources through research, education, engagement, mobilization, and collaboration.
The Coastal and Water Issues Committee (CWIC) works towards helping communities be more sustainable through the protection and management of Nova Scotia’s coastal and water ecosystems.
- to promote and support sound watershed management, coastal planning and policy
- to communicate with resource users, the public and government about coastal and water issues
- to engage communities in coastal and watershed stewardship to ensure the conservation of coastal and freshwater landscapes, habitats, and species
- to advance the conservation of coastal landscapes and aquatic ecosystems
- to protect and enhance responsible public access to the coast
Phone: (902) 442-5046
Fax: (902) 405-3716
How do you like your coast? Take action on coastal issues that matter to you. The Coastal Issues Committee meets at the EAC on the last Thursday of every month at 5:30PM.