A society in Nova Scotia that respects and protects nature and provides environmentally and economically sustainable solutions for its citizens.
- EAC members, volunteers, and staff believe that the environment is tied to the well-being of society.
- EAC supports a climate of innovation.
- EAC comes from and supports the “grassroots”.
- EAC aims to engage the public in dialogue for environmental improvement.
EAC is an independent organization that strives to work with partners to:
- Provide up-to-date environmental information;
- Pursue researched solutions; and
- Act as a watch-dog for the Nova Scotia environment.
EAC’s Commitment to Diversity
Diversity in this context refers to human difference. Each person is unique, yet we are often identified in groups that are perceived to have shared traits. These traits can be defined by gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, interests, and countless others. Just as diverse species make for a healthy ecosystem, diverse humans make for a healthy workplace. At Ecology Action Centre, we value that diversity tremendously because it makes us a stronger, more effective, more just, and more interesting organization. Read our Diversity Vision and Values.
The Ecology Action Centre has been working to build a healthier, more sustainable Nova Scotia since 1971.
Ecology Action Centre
2705 Fern Lane
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3K 4L3
Phone: (902) 429-2202
Fax: (902) 405-3716
General Inquiries email