Our communities, our HRM
Our communities, our HRM, a coalition of groups from across the municipality, wants to ensure that the municipality remains a place that you, and all members of your family, want to live. Our communities, our HRM draws on sustainability minded groups from rural, suburban, and urban areas, working together for the same objective-to make certain that the communities nestled in HRM develop wisely.
To establish a boundary around communities within HRM that will allow these places to develop, but will make certain that they do not sprawl. The boundary will insure that:
- Infrastructure needs, such as new roads and sewers, are kept to an absolute minimum, thus saving the taxpayer money.
- Wilderness areas will be located only minutes away.
- Efficient, reliable transit services are available in most areas.
- In-fill development is preferred over new subdivisions.
- Coastal lands are protected from development.
Visit the Our HRM Alliance website.
Greenbelting zones and map.
Petition to stop proposed Bayers Road expansion [pdf, 141 KB]
Letter to Minister Bill Estabrooks regarding a Highway 3 connector through Ingramport [MS Word Document]
-April 16, 2011
Letter Re: Case 16655: Amendments to Increase the Height Allowances on the YMCA/CBC Radio Site [MS Word Document]
-May 2, 2011
The Ecology Action Centre has been working to build a healthier, more sustainable Nova Scotia since 1971.
Ecology Action Centre
2705 Fern Lane
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada B3K 4L3
Phone: (902) 429-2202
Fax: (902) 405-3716
General Inquiries email